This course trains and mentors prayer leaders to step into prayer leadership on a deeper level. You will be a part of a learning cohort that engages each week in learning through teachings, study, interaction with peers, coaching, and prayer.
As the Kingdom of God advances in the nations of the earth, there are many prayer initiatives that are being launched and much momentum being gained. These are exciting times! The presence of God, and the cultivation of communities that actively seek him in prayer, is going to be a turning point in seeing Jesus' command to take the good news to all of creation fulfilled. God is raising up new leaders for these praying communities. Each generation will be more powerful than the ones before it, in Jesus' ever increasing Kingdom!
We believe that prayer is mostly caught, not taught. But we also believe that when it comes to prayer leadership, there is a place for teaching, training, accountability, practical assignments, group feedback, and activation through prayer. This course aims to help develop leaders who can ignite and sustain prayer initiatives and movements. You do not need to be currently leading anything in prayer to join.
Structure of Course
The course will run over approximately 12 weeks, with a group of 15 participants. Typically every 4th week will be a "pause week" in which there is no lesson, and students can catch up on any lessons they missed.
On a weekly basis, you can expect to:
- Work through a weekly audio teaching (approx. 1 hour)
- Reflect and respond to journal-style questions (30-60 minutes)
- Participate in focused discussions with other group members online
- Engage in at least 2 hours of personal prayer per week on an ongoing basis
- Work on 1 larger assignment and one mini-assignment over the course of 13 weeks, and have opportunity to work on a second larger assignment (and receive feedback from the course instructor) after the course.
- Join in one or more "Activation Sessions" over the course of the 13 weeks, in which we pray over one another as leaders
- Participate in monthly "Coaching each other" informal video sessions in which we have open discussion anything related to prayer leadership
- As a community, encourage, mentor, and support one another in the journey of prayer leadership
Participants should expect to commit 2-4 hours per week to the course.