Prayer is something that God constantly surprises us with. This 1.5 hour workshop takes a big-picture look at the upward, inward, and outward dimensions of prayer that can be seen in Scripture, and the many Biblical types and forms of prayer.
By going through the workshop, you will be equipped to:
- Enjoy a richer and broader personal prayer experience, by incorporating new dimensions and forms of prayer into your prayer time
- Enjoy richer, broader corporate prayer experiences (for the same reason)
- Plan more effective prayer meetings
- (If you are attending Groundwork or any other prayer gathering) Come more prepared to engage in a wide variety of types of prayer, and appreciate those who are focused on areas that you may not be
For many of us, it's hard to define what exactly prayer is and what it involves. Often we just go through a narrow range of activities that we know as prayer, and can sometimes feel at a loss or even bored.
The Bible includes all kinds of exciting types and forms of prayer that could greatly enrich our prayer lives. God loves to show up and surprise us when we pray! We can cooperate with him by engaging in the full range of ways that he invites us to commune with him.
This is a simple workshop, but a good one to broaden your thinking about what "prayer" really encompasses. It is designed for both individuals and groups.
Time of Workshop
The workshop takes approximately 1.5 - 2 hours to complete.
The workshop takes you through the following steps
- Warm up questions
- Video teaching (45 minutes) (downloadable audio also available)
- Study questions (15+ minutes)
- Online discussion forum (answer questions, read other people's answers, comment, etc.) (10+ minutes)
- Journaling questions (optional)
- Prayer time about what God has been speaking to you (10 minutes)
- Action Plan to help you focus your next steps (5 minutes)
Total time: 90 - 120 minutes