Our typical approach to prayer is that we come before God to inform him of things that need taking care of, and wait for him to move into action based on our request. This 2 hour workshop examines what happens when the flow of information in prayer is reversed, and starts with God informing us rather than the other way around.
Completing the workshop will help you to:
- Understand God's view of partnership with him in prayer
- Experience a wider variety of ways in which God speaks to us as we pray
- Grow in your ability to hear God's voice as you pray
- Grow in your ability to apply Biblical discernment to what you hear
The Bible gives us powerful promises about the confidence we can have when we pray according to God's will. Jesus talked, in the context of prayer, about us being friends of God and having made known to us the Master's business. But most believers do not enjoy a sense of being a part of God's inner circle when it comes to knowing what to pray for. If you have ever felt that way, this workshop will help change that!
God sees needs before we do, and is more concerned about them than we are. He enables us to see things from his point of view, and reveals his intentions to us, imparting both wisdom and revelation. There are many ways by which God speaks to us, and all of them line up with his Word. This workshop looks at some of the means by which God shares his intentions with us, explores some practices in which we can engage in order to hear him more clearly, and looks at ways in which we can apply Biblical discernment to weigh what we think we might be hearing.
Time of Course
The workshop takes approximately 2-2.5 hours to complete.
The workshop takes you through the following steps
- Warm up questions (5 minutes)
- Video teaching (58 minutes) (downloadable audio also available)
- Study questions (20-30 minutes)
- Online discussion forum (answer questions, read other people's answers, comment, etc.) (15+ minutes)
- Journaling questions (optional)
- Prayer time about what God has been speaking to you (5 minutes)
- Action Plan to help you focus your next steps (5 minutes)
Total time: approximately 2 hours