Discerning how unseen factors influence our community can be a powerful tool in seeing our communities transformed by God.
This 2.5 hour workshop examines these unseen factors, and "the 3 R's" of discerning: Research, Relationship, and Revelation.
It features a 1 hour 20 minute teaching video, study questions, group discussion, journaling, and an action plan.
Completing this workshop will help you to:
- Understand how seen and unseen factors can influence communities
- Ask effective questions when looking into the unseen factors affecting your community
- Use the insights you gain about the unseen in your community to engage in more effective prayer and ministry of the Word
- Engage in "the 3 R's" of discernment: Research, Relationship, and Revelation
The Bible makes it clear that the unseen realm plays a significant role in shaping the "seen" realities that we encounter in our communities. It also shows that individuals within communities often share common spiritual characteristics, including both positive (from God), and negative (from powers of darkness).
Being able to discern and understand these shared characteristics can empower our prayers and our proclamation of the message of Jesus.
In the workshop we examine some important questions to ask, things to look out for, and a methodology in discerning called "the 3 R's" - Research, Relationship, and Revelation.
Length of Workshop
The workshop takes approximately 2.5 hours to complete.
The workshop takes you through the following steps
- Warm up questions
- Video teaching (1.5 hours) (downloadable audio also available)
- Study questions (30 minutes)
- Online discussion forum (answer questions, read other people's answers, comment, etc.) (15 minutes)
- Journaling questions (optional)
- Prayer time about what God has been speaking to you (10 minutes)
- Action Plan to help you focus your next steps (5 minutes)
Total time: 2.5 hours (or as long as you would like to take)